Every night I would wait up for my nephew to come back from work so my dog can greet him. Then I will take my dog to say goodnight to everyone in the house. It is a routine I just cant break if I want to sleep that night.
I try to keep a routine with my writing which is difficult but I like to think it’s working so here is the 5 things I do to make it easier.
- I first took note of when I do my best work for me it is during the morning before my dad comes home for launch and late at night when every one else is getting ready for bed.
- I set up reasons to write. I decided to start a novel which we all know doesn’t really finish itself which is a reason for me to write just as this blog is a reason to write.
- Just a few reminders. I have an alarm on my phone that reminds me to blog it goes of three times a week and although I do not immediately blog when I hear it it does remind me that I should blog which gives me time to think about a post before I sit down and write it.
- Once it’s time for me to sit down and write I make sure there is no distractions. I get a glass of water, a pen and paper then settle into a comfortable spot where I can simply write,
- Often I don’t feel like writing but I know I have to so I might start by simply editing something I wrote a few day’s ago or read a prompt out of my prompt jar.
When it comes down to it I basically just force myself into writing every day. The more I do it the easier the words come to me and the more I like writing.